classpathx-xml

Re: [Classpathx-xml] AElfred and File Not Found

From: David Brownell
Subject: Re: [Classpathx-xml] AElfred and File Not Found
Date: Sun, 07 Apr 2002 10:33:45 -0700

This sounds like a classic mistake when calling SAX parsers:
you must provide an absolute URI for the document that you're
parsing.  If you don't do that, then the parser should report some
IOException ... in your case you're getting FNF.  (I've noticed
that java.net.URL sometimes reports FNF, which is annoying
but rather out of the hands of SAX.)

Filenames aren't absolute URIs, and if you provide an input
stream of some kind (char/byte) wrapped in an InputSource,
you need to provide the URI too, so that it can turn relative
URIs into absolute ones before using them.

Call it right, and every SAX parser should succeed (unless
something else, like the input text, is broken :).

- Dave