classpathx-xml

[Classpathx-xml] AElfred and File Not Found

From: Jeff Rafter
Subject: [Classpathx-xml] AElfred and File Not Found
Date: Sun, 7 Apr 2002 10:25:51 -0500

I had a question about AElfred2's handling of files that cannot be found. It
raises an unexpected error with the java.io.FileNotFoundException. I have
seen several SAX parsers that handle this in this way but it seems like it
should have a better error condition.

For example in this doc:

<?xml version="1.0" standalone="no"?>
<!DOCTYPE SEASON SYSTEM "baseball.dtd" [

   <!ENTITY % players SYSTEM "players.dtd">
   %players;

]>
<SEASON/>

I get the error:

Unexpected error :
java.io.FileNotFoundException: e:\players.dtd (The system cannot find the
file specified)

If I create players.dtd then I get the same error for baseball dtd.-- either
way the parse does not complete correctly. Any ideas?

Regards,
Jeff Rafter
Defined Systems
http://www.defined.net
XML Development and Developer Web Hosting