classpathx-javamail

Re: [Classpathx-javamail] jdk 1.4 - mbox provider

From: Nic Ferrier
Subject: Re: [Classpathx-javamail] jdk 1.4 - mbox provider
Date: Fri, 25 May 2001 11:20:50 +0100

>>> dog <address@hidden> 25-May-01 10:56:43 AM >>>

>i'd like a bit of feedback on what might be expected
>of me here. should i reimplement the mbox provider to
>use file locks, and, if so, should i provide backward
>compatibility for earlier jdks?

I think we'd need to ensure that Classpath provided a 1.4 io API
before we start relying on it's features.

Of course, if you want to help the Classpath people add file locking
they would be overjoyed I'm sure  /8->

On the other hand, we could provide a --with-jdkfilelocks switch for
the mbox provider.

I'll leave the decision up to you.

Nic