classpathx-discuss

[Classpathx-discuss] Re: content handlers for jaf

From: Nic Ferrier
Subject: [Classpathx-discuss] Re: content handlers for jaf
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2001 17:33:30 +0100

Sorry for not getting back to you sooner on this... I've been down
with the flu.

You said:
  i read through lots of documentation, and now i
  think that for starting in this project it is the best
  for me when i could help you in writing some
  content handlers

Excellent! thank you!

You said:
  i also read through the [documents on JAF].
  can you give me some hints about how i should
  proceed from here on. where can i find more
  information/specifications? where should i start?

JAF is a bit tricky to get to grips with because there isn't much
tutorial documentation about.

Here's how I would proceed:

- download the JAF from Sun
- write some code using the beans Sun provide
- write some GNU code to replace the Sun beans
- think about other beans that might be usefull
- write some GNU code for these other beans

The Sun "example" beans provided with the JAF are an image viewer, a
text viewer and a text editor.

You don't have to necessarily implement them exactly, but similar
beans would be usefull. For example, a JPEG viewer or a plain text
editor.

Nic

PS please could you ensure your reply to this goes to the
classpathx-discuss list so everyone can see what we're going on
about.