Re: AF_UNIX Sockets Implementation based on GNU-Classpath

From: Brian Jones
Subject: Re: AF_UNIX Sockets Implementation based on GNU-Classpath
Date: 04 Dec 2002 09:57:11 -0500

Norbert Frese <address@hidden> writes:

> i think it should be a 'gnu.javax' library, because the 'java.net'
> library looks like it was designed for ip-sockets only.
> please tell me, which package-name you would like - that i can start
> converting the sources.
> what do you think of the package name
>
> 'gnu.javax.net.afunix'
> or
> 'gnu.javax.net.uxlocal'?

I think Nic Ferrier maintains a list of gnu.* packages who is using
them on the FSF java web page, maybe it fits in the gnu.inet
namespace.  None of the projects seem to be interested in using
gnu.javax that I see listed there.

http://www.gnu.org/software/java/packages.html

> besides it would be nice to allow classpath-independent building of
> the library - for using it with other vm's. i don't know about the
> legal issues here - for instance with the name 'gnu' - would it be
> possible to publish such a classpath-independent version via
> sourceforge?

Non-FSF projects can be hosted on Savannah.  I wouldn't recommend
Sourceforge.

Brian
--
Brian Jones <address@hidden>