Re: Error in FileInputStream?

From: Aaron M. Renn
Subject: Re: Error in FileInputStream?
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2001 08:13:30 -0500

address@hidden (address@hidden) wrote:
> When the JVM boots, System.in is allocated using a file descriptor.
> If the security manager is already installed, then an exception
> is thrown.
>
> Is there a reason, for assuming that the security manager is not
> available at this point or is this only some forgotten code that,
> by chance, nobody else but me run into?

It looks like code that was commented out to get around another bug or
to work around the fact that something wasn't implemented yet.  Probably
should be cleaned up.  I'll try to do it in the next couple days.

--
Aaron M. Renn (address@hidden) http://www.urbanophile.com/arenn/

"We have a choice, either to change the way we live, which is unacceptable,
or to change the way that they live, and we chose the latter."
  - Sec. of Defense Donald Rumsfeld, News briefing, 2001-09-18