Re: [Chicken-users] Is Android not unix?

From: elf
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Is Android not unix?
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2018 05:30:40 +0200

I had no problem compiling chicken in termux (though occasionally there are
linkage warnings on android6).

My understanding is that android is basically stripped down linux with a java
overlord layer. No compatibility layer necessary. This is borne out by my
current work on cross-system randomness - it behaves exactly like a linux
machine, with the same syscalls, etc.

(Which reminds me. If anyone has a bsd box i can get a login for, it would be
much appreciated. Im trying to do a chicken wrapper for true randomness using
sidechannel effects... so something that looks platform independent.)

-elf