Re: [Chicken-users] Is Android not unix?

From: Thomas Chust
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Is Android not unix?
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2018 13:10:07 +0100

On Mon, 19 Nov 2018 13:19:10 +0300 Kristian Lein-Mathisen <address@hidden>
wrote:

> [...]
> I was trying tweetnacl on Termux on Android 9 and ran into this problem:
>
> address@hidden ~/p/chicken-5.0.0>
> csi -R tweetnacl -p '(make-symmetric-sign-key)'
>
> Error: (read-u8vector) bad argument type - not a port: #f
>
> This happens because tweetnacl creates its current-entropy-port using
> cond-expand with unix, windows or else, the latter which is yielding the #f
> error above.
> [...]

Hello,

interesting, I would have thought that Android would qualify as a
unixoid system since it has a Linux kernel! If there is some other
feature identifier I should use that would indicate the system likely
supports /dev/random, please let me know so I can adapt the tweetnacl
code.

Anyway, as a workaround to get tweetnacl running, you can simply do

  (current-entropy-port (open-input-file "/dev/random"))

by hand.

I hope that helps :-)

Ciao,
Thomas