Re: [Chicken-users] sxml and more

From: Jim Ursetto
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] sxml and more
Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2014 18:04:58 -0500

I've got a couple of blog posts on SXML and namespaces, if you haven't already seen them:

http://3e8.org/blog/2010/07/30/namespaces-in-sxml-part-1/
http://3e8.org/blog/2010/07/31/namespaces-in-sxml-part-2/
http://3e8.org/blog/2010/08/01/default-namespaces-in-sxml/

but these are higher-level and so perhaps not useful to you.

There's definitely very little documentation and only marginally more code examples.  Most of this I reverse engineered from docs I pieced together and the original code itself.  Peter did a great job at adding a lot of documentation, for example to the sxpath low-level functions, but there are still large gaps.  There's also bugs and missing functionality.  And as noted, it's a grab-bag of parts which don't necessarily work together, or provide an 80% solution.  Case in point, the lack of namespace support in sxml-modify.

If you have specific questions you could try asking here, or on the Sourceforge list.  I haven't used sxml-modify myself.  Which low-level tools did you want to learn about?