[Chicken-users] sxml and more

From: Nathaniel Rudavsky-Brody
Subject: [Chicken-users] sxml and more
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2014 20:54:02 +0200

Hello,

Since this is my first post, let me say how happy I've been since I discovered Chicken: thanks everyone for creating such a well-thought-out environment.

I've got a general question about the sxml tools. I've been using the top-level functions for a while now, for tasks I could do in XSLT, but prefer doing in Scheme. I've always found the lower-level interface(s) a bit intimidating.

But recently I got stuck on the lack of namespaces in sxml-modify, and started wondering if it would be possible to rewrite it, and then... well more generally, whether it's worth learning how to use the low-level tools, and what I could do with them. Or are pre-post-order and sxpath and sxml-path as good as it gets, for an average user like me? When I search around the web, I can't seem to find examples of more advanced uses of the tools (or at least, well-documented ones...).

Many thanks for your thoughts,

Nathaniel

--
Caractères mobiles