Re: [Chicken-users] wiki->texi converter

From: John Cowan
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] wiki->texi converter
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2007 13:24:56 -0400

Ivan Raikov scripsit:

> 2. There cannot be two sectional units of the same name, anywhere in
> the set of wiki files: every sectional unit in the wiki document
> becomes a node in the Texinfo document, and Texinfo does not permit
> nodes of the same name. In other words, you cannot have a subsection
> called "create-directory" in the e.g. wiki page "Unit posix" and the
> wiki page "chicken-setup".

This can be resolved by assigning compound names such as "Unit posix -
create-directory" to Texinfo nodes derived from sectional units.

> 3. The ordering of sections in the Texinfo document depends on the
> order in which the wiki files were parsed.

I think this is a feature.  Texinfo documents are often read linearly,
certainly in TeX (or Postscript or hard copy) form, whereas the wiki
has no inherent linearity.  The Texinfo creator should accept an
ordered list of pages to process and use that to determine the final order.

--
John Cowan      address@hidden        http://www.ccil.org/~cowan
        Is it not written, "That which is written, is written"?