[Chicken-users] automatic egg update

From: felix winkelmann
Subject: [Chicken-users] automatic egg update
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2007 08:58:06 +0100

Hello, folks!

Mario and I have now activated automatic updating of eggs from the
SVN chicken-eggs repository. So far it seems to work ok and it currently
checks hourly for updates to the repo and wraps up and uploads the
eggs to the official web-site. We will change the update-period to a larger
interval soon (I'd suggest 6h).

A few notes:

- I had the case that a completely new tag wasn't recognized - this has
to be investigated further.

- If you prefer manual updating of the eggs, set the subversion property
 "autoupload" of the top-level egg directory to "no", like this:
% svn propset autoupload no <directory>

- A log of the most recent run can be accessed here:
 http://chicken.wiki.br/chicken-projects/post-commit.log

- A log of all previous runs can be accessed as well:
 http://chicken.wiki.br/chicken-projects/post-commit-cumulative.log

- To wrap up eggs that refer to .html files in the .meta description, the html
 must exist. For eggdoc based documentation, this has to be done manually,
 so the html files should be checked inti the repository. Alternatively use

 http://chicken.wiki.br/eggdoc-svnwiki

 which Zbigniew has kindly made available and which translates eggdoc
 pages into wiki format (which should then be added to the wiki).

- Eggs that use doc-from-wiki will only be updated if the corresponding
 wiki page exists.

If you experience any problems, please get in contact with me or
write a ticket (prefered) at http://trac.callcc.org.