[Chicken-users] Re: [CMake] setting a default build type

From: Brandon J. Van Every
Subject: [Chicken-users] Re: [CMake] setting a default build type
Date: Thu, 07 Sep 2006 09:56:27 -0700

Brad King wrote:
Brandon J. Van Every wrote:

On MSVC my CMakeLists.txt generates Debug, Release, MinSizeRel, and
RelWithDebInfo build types.  I want to keep all 4 of 'em.  I want to
select MinSizeRel as the default build, so that if an end user just
fires up BUILD_ALL and does nothing else, he'll get a MinSizeRel build.
The default default is "Debug" and that's not what I want.  So, is there
a mechanism to specify the default build type?  I was unable to deduce
it from the docs if there is one.  Seems clear enough how to ship *one*
build type, I'd just do (SET CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE MinSizeRel).  But I want
all 4 to be shipped.

This would be a nice feature but I don't know how to implement it.  Try
generating a project and then manually editing the project files in such
a way that the IDE selects a different configuration by default.  Don't
forget to remove the .suo and .ncb files between attempts because they
store the user IDE state.

That approach is not desired.  People typically want CMakeList.txt under source control, not its end products, as the latter differ for every person.  We don't ship .sln files to people, we tell them to install CMake.

I'll make a feature request.

Cheers,
Brandon Van Every