[Chicken-users] Re: [CMake] setting a default build type

From: Brad King
Subject: [Chicken-users] Re: [CMake] setting a default build type
Date: Thu, 07 Sep 2006 13:14:38 -0400

Brandon J. Van Every wrote:
> Brad King wrote:
>> This would be a nice feature but I don't know how to implement it.  Try
>> generating a project and then manually editing the project files in such
>> a way that the IDE selects a different configuration by default.  Don't
>> forget to remove the .suo and .ncb files between attempts because they
>> store the user IDE state.
>
> That approach is not desired.  People typically want CMakeList.txt under
> source control, not its end products, as the latter differ for every
> person.  We don't ship .sln files to people, we tell them to install CMake.

I was not proposing this as a solution, I was asking you to figure out
how to implement it.  I have no idea how to write a .sln or .vcproj file
that will convince the VS IDE to come up with a non-Debug configuration
by default.  I just tried manually reordering the configurations to put
Release first and the IDE still selected Debug at startup.  Even
changing the Release configuration to have the name ARelease (which
comes before Debug lexicographically) didn't fix it.

-Brad