Re: [Chicken-users] Chicken + current darcs HEAD = borked

From: Brandon J. Van Every
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Chicken + current darcs HEAD = borked
Date: Sun, 20 Aug 2006 21:06:35 -0700

John Cowan wrote:
Building with autotools, I get the following failure:

make[1]: Entering directory `/opt/chicken/autotools'
./chicken library.scm -quiet -no-trace -no-lambda-info -optimize-level 2
-unsafe -feature unsafe -include-path . -output-file ulibrary.c -explicit-use
make[1]: *** [ulibrary.c] Error 57
make[1]: Leaving directory `/opt/chicken/autotools'
make: *** [all] Error 2

The CMake build works fine for most purposes, but attempting to build
the numbers egg produces a broken numbers-base.c file: there is a bare
"!" on line 12, and then there are a zillion more errors.
It's probable that the autotools build would have this problem
if I could get that far.

I get the same error trying to install the numbers egg as well. I changed the behavior of csc. Instead of passing -D flags for all sorts of stuff, it passes the vast majority of stuff through chicken.h, with all the needed variables actually being in chicken-config.h, chicken-paths.h, and stack-size.h. I suspect that eggs have been written without an expectation of needing to have chicken.h somewhere useful. I'll look into what should be done this evening. Right now, the Cygwin Bash shell is pissing me off because it won't allow me to have a buffer size large enough to see the errors. There may not be any setting to change this either; what a loser shell! Well, back to stderr redirection hackery. Rah rah Unix.

Cheers,
Brandon Van Every