[Chicken-users] Re: [q-lang-users] Complex numbers

From: John Cowan
Subject: [Chicken-users] Re: [q-lang-users] Complex numbers
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2006 23:36:46 -0400

Albert Graef scripsit:

> Yes, it's called complex, and it's in cvs now. I still have to do a
> little massage to Q's system of number types to make it easier to
> integrate stuff like rational.q, but you should already be able to test
> your Chicken egg with the version that is in cvs now.

No hurry.  I'm not going to even start with the support for the full
numeric tower until the basic S-expression support (which thinks all
numbers outside the 2^30 Chicken fixnum range are flonums) is written.
And I haven't even started on that yet -- I just finished the Chicken-to-C
glue code.

So as of now you can do the same things with Q from Scheme, using mostly
the same routines, that a C programmer can.  That is, you can load a
script, define global variables, and evaluate expressions using either
Scheme strings or c-pointer objects.  You have to play by the same rules
as the C programmer as far as allocating and freeing qexprs, too.

But hey, it does work!  Any Chicken user who wants to play around with
this version can grab it (with a temporary README and a few examples)
from http://www.ccil.org/~cowan/q-lolevel.zip .  License is GPL, bug
reports invited, guarantees not provided.

--
You know, you haven't stopped talking           John Cowan
since I came here. You must have been           http://www.ccil.org/~cowan