Re: [Chicken-users] libcurl?

From: Thomas Chust
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] libcurl?
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2005 01:22:41 -0000

Am 28.09.2005, 17:48 Uhr, schrieb Thomas Chust <address@hidden>:

[...]
on a sidenote, there is also the crypt egg for CHICKEN, which I wrote ages ago. It is able to provide SSL support and should be usable together with the http egg by providing custom ports generated with crypt to the http methods.
[...]

Hello,

This thread got me to try to actually do the requested job using cryptlib -- only to find out that the API of cryptlib has changed in its most recent version making it incompatible with the old egg.

* I therefore suggest removing my crypt egg or marking it as outdated *

If anybody actually uses it, I would be willing to spend some time updating it to the new interface, but if not, I think it would be more productive to create an SSL egg based on the very common OpenSSL instead.

cu,
Thomas