chicken-janitors

[Chicken-janitors] Re: #281: promote irregex to full unit

From: Chicken Trac
Subject: [Chicken-janitors] Re: #281: promote irregex to full unit
Date: Sun, 18 Jul 2010 18:49:19 -0000

#281: promote irregex to full unit
-----------------------------------------------------------------------+----
 Reporter:  zbigniew                                                   |
Owner:  felix
     Type:  enhancement                                                |

Comment(by zbigniew):

 Hi, sorry I have been ignoring this ticket.  I don't think that the regex
 API itself has to be deprecated necessarily.  It offers some useful
 convenience functions and I still use it all the time, I just use irregex
 to fill in the gaps.  For example there is no way that I know of in
 irregex to just return a list of all submatches, which you could then pass
 to a match-let macro.  Instead you must call irregex-match-substring for
 every single item.

 I suppose then that a regex egg could be created, although it would force
 all core calls to use the irregex API.  It sounds like you are okay with
 this though.

 Let me know what you need me to do for this ticket.

--
Ticket URL: <http://www.irp.oist.jp/trac/chicken/ticket/281#comment:11>
Chicken Scheme <http://www.call-with-current-continuation.org/>