chicken-janitors

[Chicken-janitors] Re: #281: promote irregex to full unit

From: Chicken Trac
Subject: [Chicken-janitors] Re: #281: promote irregex to full unit
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2010 09:44:02 -0000

#281: promote irregex to full unit
-----------------------------------------------------------------------+----
 Reporter:  zbigniew                                                   |
Owner:  felix
     Type:  enhancement                                                |

Comment(by sjamaan):

 I asked Alex about his plans for Irregex, since that info might come in
 useful for Chicken's planning too:

 {{{
 |11:22| ( sjamaan) foof: What's the roadmap for irregex?  Felix is
 planning to import it soon
 |11:26| ( foof) 1) refactor and port to chibi module system using include
 files (allows for easy conditional includes)
 |11:27| ( foof) 2) write a translator from chibi module system to other
 module systems that's more robust than the current Makefile hacks I'm
 using
 |11:28| ( foof) 3) make chunked strings an optional loaded module
 |11:29| ( foof) 4) rewrite DFA match extraction to avoid closures - should
 be insignificantly slower but allow for pre-compiled regexps
 |11:30| ( foof) 5) when DFA isn't possible, rewrite backtracking algorithm
 to use non-backtracking NFA (long-term goal)
 |11:30| ( foof) I can't give accurate times though, my life is insane
 right now :/
 |11:31| ( foof) ... plus additional utilities and optimizations sprinkled
 in there
 }}}

 There are a couple of patches for two issues I created that have been
 integrated in irregex's head which we probably want, so I'd recommend
 going with hg 29:bc015cea652d instead of the actual release.

--
Ticket URL: <http://www.irp.oist.jp/trac/chicken/ticket/281#comment:6>
Chicken Scheme <http://www.call-with-current-continuation.org/>