certi-devel

Re: [certi-dev] Matlab Toolbox (Jan-Patrick Osterloh)

From: Christian Stenzel
Subject: Re: [certi-dev] Matlab Toolbox (Jan-Patrick Osterloh)
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2011 10:25:27 +0200

Hello Jan,

some good news.

The Toolbox works also against the current CERTI CVS verison.
At first I didn't realize that some libary names have changed.

Some more about that later.

I have no idea about your fault description:

> mex -v -DRTI_USES_STD_FSTREAM -D_GNU_SOURCE -o rti.mexglx rti/rti.cpp
> -lRTI-NG
> Undefined subroutine &Win32::GetShortPathName called
>  at /c/Programme/MATLAB/R2011a/bin/mex.pl line 127.
> BEGIN failed--compilation aborted
> at /c/Programme/MATLAB/R2011a/bin/mex.pl line 135.
> make: *** [rti.mexglx] Error 2

I only build the toolbox on Linux (g++).
Obviously you are working on a 32-bit Windows, correct?
Your mex.pl file tries to call a function it does not know.
In Win32 Matlab comes only with an ANSI C compiler.
The Matlab-HLA-Tbx Wrapper file is a C++-File, therefore you need a
different system compiler.
Please open Matlab and call
mex -setup
Try to set the compiler options to mingw.
But I'm not sure if Matlab supports mingw.
As a first step I would read the following
link:http://gnumex.sourceforge.net

Another option is to use cygwin with gcc and make installed.

The third option is to use a Microsoft compiler and set the mex compile
options through mex -setup.

To compile rti.cpp you have to do the following:
mex -v -DRTI_USES_STD_FSTREAM -D_GNU_SOURCE -o rti.mexglx rti/rti.cpp
-lRTI-NGd -lFedTimed

Hope you have luck, let me know about your progress.

Back to the intro:

The current Makefile in cvs uses old library names (libFedTime instead
libFedTimed and lRTI-NG instead lRTI-NGd). I will change that in cvs in
the near future.

After that make a folder MatlabTbx.
Copy all files below the folder m_files in that directory and copy
rti.mexglx also in that folder.

Alternatively, make install should also work.

AFter thta open Matlab and add the folder MatlabTbx to your path
environment.

Then you should be able to run the demos.

Just tested with MatlabR2010a and current CERTI cvs tree.