brad

Re: [Brad] Blender 2.42 with HDR support

From: tbleicher
Subject: Re: [Brad] Blender 2.42 with HDR support
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2006 17:47:42 +0200 (CEST)

Hi Francesco.

> > I just finished a material browser for bliff/brad and it's
> > really sweet to be able to use any *.pic file as input without
> > the need to convert the image to jpeg or similar.
>
> Great! Can't wait to see it :)

Na, it's nothing special. Just what's needed to make material
assignment work again. I'd have much more ideas for the backend
library but I won't have time to implement it before the workshop
- and there's still the luminaire stuff to be done.

Material assignment by Blender object property doesn't work, btw.
Materials are no objects, and so they don't have properties (as
scenes, and images and worlds and lots of others).

> > I have not discovered any other changes in the API. All bliff
> > modules and classes I have tested worked out of the box. Some
> > obscure bugs may happen; but that's no news anyway.
>
> All my code needs to be rewritten, instead. Especially all
> the Mathutils calls :(

Ah, I don't use them ... much .. yet. Some of the 3D geometry
bits might need a check.

> It would be good to meet and plan future development ...

Any time, which pub?

This week I can't do much at the evenings as we're showing
my room to potential future flat mates. Weekend evenings should
be fine (but you might want to spend time with your family).

We also should coordinate our presentations for the Workshop.
Depending on how much you want to talk about Brad and Blender
I'd do more about Dialux and Lighting Designer needs.

Thomas

Viel oder wenig? Schnell oder langsam? Unbegrenzt surfen + telefonieren
ohne Zeit- und Volumenbegrenzung? DAS TOP ANGEBOT JETZT bei Arcor: günstig
und schnell mit DSL - das All-Inclusive-Paket für clevere Doppel-Sparer,
nur  44,85 €  inkl. DSL- und ISDN-Grundgebühr!
http://www.arcor.de/rd/emf-dsl-2