bongo-devel

Re: [bongo-devel] Re: bongo.el --- flexible and usable media player

From: Daniel Brockman
Subject: Re: [bongo-devel] Re: bongo.el --- flexible and usable media player
Date: Thu, 04 Jan 2007 14:19:21 +0100

address@hidden (Daniel Jensen) writes:

> Daniel Brockman <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> address@hidden (Daniel Jensen) writes:
>>
>>> I do agree with you that Bongo can (and should) take extra care about
>>> issues of freedom, or even taking a stance so to speak, whether or not
>>> part of Emacs. It is necessary to raise awareness of the problems with
>>> non-free multimedia software, and it's a good thing this was brought
>>> up for discussion.
>>
>> I'm glad to hear that.  How do you feel about removing MPlayer
>> support from Bongo?  Do you think it would be worthwhile?
>
> I can't speculate in the results of dropping mplayer, if that is what
> you are asking me. Furthermore, I don't feel strongly about having
> mplayer support in Bongo. Users needing it will add it themselves,
> they just have to think twice about the issue.

Okay, good.  Then we are in agreement.

>>> By the way, was Lars Öhrman contacted about copyright assignment?
>>
>> No.  I have coffee with him regularly, though, so it would be
>> easy to get his signature if we add his name to the contract.
>>
>> I'll do that, and then send the contract to you, Daniel.
>> Could you give me your snail mail adress?
>
> I just sent mail to Richard explaining that I was going to sign the
> contract. It was my understanding that we each would sign personal
> copies of it. Please correct me if I'm wrong, because it looks like I
> might be.

I believe it doesn't matter whether we sign individual
copies or whether we all sign a single copy.

I figured if we are going to add Lars's name, it'll be
easier if we all sign the same copy.  It would also save you
the trouble of printing your copy. :-)

Lars and I have already signed a copy, so I can easily send
it to you if that is okay.  Otherwise, maybe we should wait
for Richard to add Lars's name so that we don't sign subtly
different versions of the contract (which may or may not be
a problem --- I don't know).

--
Daniel Brockman <address@hidden>