bongo-devel

[bongo-devel] Re: seek and volume

From: Daniel Brockman
Subject: [bongo-devel] Re: seek and volume
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2006 06:15:11 +0100

Hi Angelina,

Welcome to the list. :-)

> I have noticed in volume.el that volume has different
> keybindings associated with it, especially to quit, unlike `seek'
> however, you cannot get rid of the volume bar by just toggling v again.
>
> I tried changing:
>
> ,----
> | (define-key map "q" 'volume-quit)
> | (define-key map "\C-g" 'volume-quit)
> | (define-key map [escape escape] 'volume-quit)
> `----
>
> to:
>
> ,----
> | (define-key map "q" 'volume-quit)
> | (define-key map "v" 'volume-quit)
> | (define-key map "\C-g" 'volume-quit)
> | (define-key map [escape escape] 'volume-quit)
> `----
>
> in volume.el

Good idea.  I installed your patch.

> but this didn't seem to do anything.

You probably just have to reevaluate the Lisp form that
defines the keymap (using C-M-x).

> This is a small annoyance I know :-) but it is simpler for
> my poor memory to just hit the same key that invokes the
> function to kill the function.

Indeed!

It's a good thing we weren't already using `v' for anything.

> Also, bongo seems to play only one song and stop.
> Is this by default?

No, that's not the default.  That behavior depends on the
value of `bongo-next-action'.  That variable should be set
to `bongo-play-next-or-stop' by default, but you can change
it to `bongo-stop' by hitting C-u C-c C-s.  Maybe you
accidentally did that?

I just realized that there's currently no user-friendly way
of setting it back to the default value.  Oops.  That needs
to be fixed.  As a workaround, you can do this:

   M-: (setq bongo-next-action 'bongo-play-next-or-stop) RET

We started messing with the user interface for that about a week
ago or so, and I didn't realize I left it in a broken state.
I should go ahead and make the changes I suggested in this area.

By the way, I want to apologize for not prioritizing Bongo
development during the last month or so.  I have a pile of
unanswered mail, a ton of unimplemented features and
reported but unfixed bugs, and maybe most importantly some
unmerged patches (from Daniel Jensen and Romain Francoise).

Thanks for being so patient, people, and thanks for all your
contributions.  I will catch up RSN.  Promise.

Best regards,

--
Daniel Brockman <address@hidden>