bna-linuxiran

[linuxiran] Piping newcomer

From: Kamyar
Subject: [linuxiran] Piping newcomer
Date: Sat, 14 Feb 2004 13:34:32 +0330

Hi!
This is to be my first posting to Linuxiran ml! Though I've been reading
this list occasionally, I had never felt the urge or even the courage to
ask my penguin questions here publicly - until this very moment:) I hope
my post would not get flamed/ignored for ANY reason! ;)

 I'm pretty new to Linux , and should admit i know very little about
UNIX pipes...

 But anyway i needed a very simple single-host filtering HTTP proxy
server, so i thought it would be nice to implement it using simple nix
apps. so i wrote this simple line at the bash and expected a proxy out
of it!

# mknod mypipe p
# while true; do nc -l -p 8080 0<mypipe|sed s/BADWORD/GOODWORD/g|tee -a
in.log|nc www.remotehost.com 80|sed s/ANOTHERBAD/SOMETHIN-GOOD/g| tee -a
out.log 1>mypipe; done

But unfortunately it didn't work! What is wrong here?! am i anywhere
close to the true meaning of pipes?

sincerely
Kamyar