bna-linuxiran

[linuxiran] farsi dictd database

From: Arash Bijanzadeh
Subject: [linuxiran] farsi dictd database
Date: Wed, 04 Feb 2004 14:17:04 +0330

Hi all
Alan Baghumian extracted the farsi dictionary used in the arax and I changed it to the dictd format, now it is working but there is two problem:
1- simply couldn't find some words, why? I  really have no idea!
2- kdict couldn't find out that it is RTL. I didn't test any other front end.
3- THERE IS COPYRIGHT PROBLEMS!

But still useful :)
Construction:
copy the farsi.dict.dz and farsi.index to /usr/share/dictd
append following lines to /var/lib/dictd/db.list
database farsi {
       data /usr/share/dictd/farsi.dict.dz
       index /usr/share/dictd/farsi.index
       }
restart the dictd and enjoy it! -Of course you got to have dictd installed on your machine-

AH!
The file is too big so i can't attach it! Sorry for that! :(