bna-linuxiran

Re: [linuxiran] questions about shabdix

From: Arash Partow
Subject: Re: [linuxiran] questions about shabdix
Date: Sun, 4 Jan 2004 01:31:14 +1100

> There is I think a little bit of confusion over Knoppix version here.
> Knopper produces multiple different versions with the same version
> number. But to distinguish them, Knopper uses release dates, for
> example we have Knoppix 3.2 released on 2003-07-18 and Knoppix 3.2
> released on 2003-08-12.
>
> These versions are different, their main difference is that they have
> different hardware support. In new versions, new drivers get updated
> and included.
>
> I just think, that the version that Shabdix 0.8 is based on, is an older
> Knoppix 3.2, than the Knoppix 3.2 that you try.
> Now, if you tell us the exact release date of your Knoppix 3.2, and
> Arash B tells us exactly what version of Knoppix 3.2 is Shabdix based
> upon, then I think we might be able to solve this confusion.

The tutorial that i read when i was learning how to make knoppix
bootable off usb memstick was written for 3.0, it leads me to
believe that knoppix has had memstick support for the past few
releases.

I however implemented the tutorial using knoppix 3.2 so i can't
really verify the 3.0 support, but seeing as though someone spent
time writing it up then there must have been some good reason to
do so.

My point in lay terms, shabdix being based on a knoppix release
after 3.0 ~should~ have memstick support. (I think, unless it was
decided at build time that they were not necessary, which is ok
I guess...... :( )

Regards

Arash

Be one who knows what they don't know,
Instead of being one who knows not what they don't know,
Thinking they know everything about all things.
http://www.partow.net