bna-linuxiran

Re: [linuxiran] questions about shabdix

From: Aryan Ameri
Subject: Re: [linuxiran] questions about shabdix
Date: Sat, 3 Jan 2004 16:12:07 +0200

On Friday 02 January 2004 13:49, Arash Partow wrote:
> > No modification was made to h/w detection of Knoppix. Please send
> > the exact version of your Knoppix (with date) so that we can
> > confirm if it is newer than what Shabdix was built upon.

> the hardwares in question are
> 1.)a bootable usb memstick, knoppix 3.2 and 3.3
> both detect it, and i've been able to make both knoppix versions boot

Arash,

There is I think a little bit of confusion over Knoppix version here.
Knopper produces multiple different versions with the same version
number. But to distinguish them, Knopper uses release dates, for
example we have Knoppix 3.2 released on 2003-07-18 and Knoppix 3.2
released on 2003-08-12.

These versions are different, their main difference is that they have
different hardware support. In new versions, new drivers get updated
and included.

I just think, that the version that Shabdix 0.8 is based on, is an older
Knoppix 3.2, than the Knoppix 3.2 that you try.
Now, if you tell us the exact release date of your Knoppix 3.2, and
Arash B tells us exactly what version of Knoppix 3.2 is Shabdix based
upon, then I think we might be able to solve this confusion.

--
/*  Trademarks, Copyrights, Patents, etc are all loans from the public
domain. They are not a property ('intellectual' or otherwise.) */

Aryan Ameri