bibulus-dev

[Bibulus-dev] LaTeX-Bibulus interface, a prposal

From: Palle Jørgensen
Subject: [Bibulus-dev] LaTeX-Bibulus interface, a prposal
Date: Wed, 02 Jul 2003 14:11:30 +0200

I am trying to find out how the user interface should with the bibulus
LaTeX package.

An idea would be to make it a keyval interface:

\cite[language = <language>,
      type = <citation type>,
      bibliography = <bibliography in the document>,
      ]{key(s)}

'language' is the language of tyhe citation. By default this is set to
           be the language at the current point in the text, set with
           the \selectlanguage command.

'type' could be text, number, author-number, author-year etc.

'bibliography' if one wants to use several bibliographies in the same
               document.

The reason for this interface is that it is intuitive and easy to
extend.

'Old' commands of the natbib package and others, is to be iomplementet
as citet -> \cite[type=text].

The questions are:

 o  Is this the best interface?

 o  Wich keys are needed?

    I have som suggestions (besides those mentioned above):

      - 'optional' for optional text

      - 'label' for internal LaTeX references

Of course it must be possible to set these parameters globally as
defaults. (Mostly the type key and the bibliography, the 'label' would
be silly to set globally...) With these defaults the interface is the
old \cite command.

--
Palle Jørgensen,
Danish TeX Users Group