bibledit-general

Re: [be] Is collaboration possible with a Paratext user?

From: Teus Benschop
Subject: Re: [be] Is collaboration possible with a Paratext user?
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2012 19:57:17 +0100

Hi,

There is an option for your consultant to post questions, ask/give feedback, and see the changes made in the text in Bibledit-Gtk.

The solution below leaves Paratext out of the equation, and uses Bibledit components only.

Besides Bibledit-Gtk there is also Bibledit-Web. Bibledit-Web needs to be installed on a server on the internet, and your consultant can interact with your team through the web browser.

See:
bibledit.org
http://bibleconsultants.dyndns.org/bibledit-web-demo/

"our consultant would like to be able to work remotely on occasion with our project": The consultant can use Bibledit-Web through the Internet and a web browser.

"Is there an easy way to have collaboration between the two programs?": Yes, there is: To use Send/Receive in Bibledit-Gtk and Bibledit-Web and so keep the Bible text in sync between the two.

"He would like to be able to post recommendations, ask questions about text": The consultant can use the Consultation Notes feature of Bibledit-Web:
http://bibleconsultants.dyndns.org/bibledit-web-demo/consultations/notes.php

"and see any changes we've made based on his input": The consultant can either look online to see the daily changes on e.g. http://bibleconsultants.dyndns.org/bibledit-web-demo/members/index.php, or subscribe to emails with the daily changes through the Notifications feature (http://bibleconsultants.dyndns.org/bibledit-web-demo/user/notifications.php).

Teus.