bibledit-general

Re: [be] How to get the latest package

From: Jonathan Marsden
Subject: Re: [be] How to get the latest package
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2010 14:03:29 -0800

Roger,

On 11/29/2010 1:53 AM, Roger Stone wrote:

> I'm having trouble getting the latest version to install on my
> machine. I used sudo command line to update the latest packages and
> then did sudo apt-install bibledit but it just downloaded version
> 3.8. ...

> Can someone tell me how to get the latest version of Bibledit?

Bibledit-gtk is the new name of bibledit.  So you should be doing

  sudo apt-get install bibledit-gtk

However, as yet there is no "general availability" bibledit-gtk package
for Ubuntu, only one for developer testing, which is (logically enough!)
in the developer-testing PPA.

If you consider yourself a developer or tester, doing

  sudo add apt-repository ppa:pkgcrosswire/developer-testing
  sudo apt-get update
  sudo apt-get install bibledit-gtk

ought to get you that "quick and dirty" test version.  If you do try
this, please let me know how well (or badly) it works for you.

Thanks,

Jonathan