bibledit-general

[be] OT: USFM files to test with

From: Eric
Subject: [be] OT: USFM files to test with
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2010 14:06:08 +0200

Hi, all.

Does anyone have some USFM files they'd like to let me use to test a program to
convert USFM to SwordSearcher format? (see www.swordsearcher.com for info on
it; it's not free, but an elegant and friendly application developed by one
man).

We are (well, not I, but a friend is) trying to make a usfm-usfx2ss program to
quickly make Bible modules for SwordSearcher. I only have one USFM file to try,
but if we had some more, we might be able to improve the program. We convert
USFM to USFX via WordSend (http://code.google.com/p/wordsend/downloads/list;
after installing one uses the command line tools), then go from USFX to SS.

I am currently testing with Psalms, since having Psalm titles, acrostic
letters, "Selah", and plenty of footnotes gives us a pretty good test. So,
Psalms is a good one to try, maybe Lamentations also (acrostic letters), and /
or an Epistle like 1 Timothy with the epistolary note at the end (e.g. as in
KJV) saying "The first to Timothy was written from Laodicea, which is the
chiefest city of Phrygia Pacatiana." is an option. Anyway, the more complex the
file, probably the better to test it. And, though I dislike versification
issues, if we had a USFM file with some other versification than English and
Original, that might be good, too.

If anyone would help us out with a file or two, it might help. If so, it may
involve some back-and-forth with e-mails, since we won't understand the
language of the USFM file Bible. Please send files to me off-list.

If anyone has any other comments that may be useful, we're listening.

Eric