bayonne-devel

[Bayonne-devel] Lots of important news for this week

From: David Sugar
Subject: [Bayonne-devel] Lots of important news for this week
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 08:59:16 -0500

A lot of different things are happening with GNU Bayonne at the moment,
and so I have lots of different news to share all at once for this week:

First, I will be away from Tuesday until the 29th, as I will be speaking
at the 3rd International Forum on Free Knowledge, in Maracaibo,
Venezuela.  This means I will not be rolling out the new web site for
initial testing until early December.  I am also pushing back work on
new applications and the new libsangoma driver until I return.

As some people have already heard, a team from the University of the
Western Cape have offered to host and been working on a brand new GNU
Telephony site, including skins, artwork, and other web design elements,
built around the Knowledge Environment for Web based Learning (KEWL)
framework, which is also developed out of UWC.  I am looking to into
integrating SIP support into KEWL so we can finally hand out live SIP
url's to GNU Telephony hackers, maybe for sometime next year, as well as use
these new tools for internal project development and coordination.  In
particular, it should make it easier for some to reach me :).

On the RPM front, I have been able to rebuild the new Bayonne rpm's
under Yellow Dog for ppc architecture from the centos specs this
weekend.  I think we may be able to share the new rpm build sets
directly from the new GNU Telephony site as we will have space for file
hosting.  If not, there are a couple of other possible places to host
this that have been offered.  Perhaps we can setup a yum repository for
the RPM's.  I would like to also build some deb's for Ubuntu.  Having
standard reference builds I think will make testing and support much
simpler.

The principle priorities in GNU Bayonne for December will be the new
libsangoma driver, building some sample applications, and bug testing.
I will also roll out a new Bayonne 1.2.16, to fix a bug in the gc
driver, and I may see about making the Bayonne 1.x build tree is
correct for gcc4. The principle priority for GNU Telephony will be
rolling out the new web site.