bayonne-devel

Re: [Bayonne-devel] Is speech recognition...?

From: David Sugar
Subject: Re: [Bayonne-devel] Is speech recognition...?
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2005 16:04:50 -0500

We originally experimented with sphinx in Bayonne with the voicetronix
driver, but the results were less than satisfactory; about 95%
recognition rate on a corpus of just digits.  Given that most telephone
numbers are 10 digits long, you could expect one out of every two phone
number input events to have an extra, missing, or mismatched digit, for
example.

The integration method used then was complex, and driver specific.  I am
thinking about how we might be able to recreate asr with the continues
speech driver model in Bayonne 2.  I am not sure about how to improve
accuracy rates with sphinx, however.