bayonne-devel

[Bayonne-devel] Some further notes on proposed bayonne sample applicatio

From: David Sugar
Subject: [Bayonne-devel] Some further notes on proposed bayonne sample applications
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 01:33:17 -0500

I have reorganized some of my stuff locally so I could separately build
some simple applications packages very quickly for Bayonne2.  The
different apps I will do will be in separate tarballs, each including
some voice and some scripts, and with a simple barebones makefile.  This
should keep the core distribution small.  They will also be separately
categorized from testing, stable, or release on the download lists,
since most will be generic enough to run on any Bayonne2 server.  Most
will use the new (bts)voices-proto as a core voice library
and probably have a somewhat similar Makefile.

I think we will see some initial packages appearing perhaps sometime
later next week, as this week I expect to have what looks like will
become a major effort with the web site.   Some of the apps may also
create needs for small and very specific scripting language changes or
fixes, so they may require a 1.0.2/1.1.2 release to be created in that
timeframe also.

One of the simple apps I am thinking about should be a prototype voice
mail system through macro scripting.  Another I have considered, since
it would be a simpler example to follow, is a simple memo service, also
usable in other applications as macros.  I would like to bring back the
survey system as macros, and perhaps a dictation service example.  A
more complex app that would also have a Bayonne module may be a pager
server, perhaps also offering snpp...