[Axiom-mail] Category parameters and "this" domain

From: Gabriel Dos Reis
Subject: [Axiom-mail] Category parameters and "this" domain
Date: 21 Aug 2006 01:22:27 +0200

Hi,

   The SPAD compiler accepts and happily compiles this:

   )abbrev category FOO Foo

   ++ A Foo is something we can foo with.
   Foo(m : ($, $) ->$) : Category == SetCategory with
     ++ A Foo has a foo
     foo : ($, $) -> $

Is it a feature or a bug?  [Similar Aldor code is rejected]
Notice that attempt to use Foo later as in

    )abbrev category BAR Bar
    ++ A Bar is something we can bar with
    Bar(m : ($, $) -> $) : Category == Foo(m) with
      ++ similarly a Bar has a bar

results in a "system error"

   initializing NRLIB BAR for Bar
   compiling into NRLIB BAR