Re: [Axiom-developer] Mailing List Etiquette

From: C Y
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2007 10:35:34 -0700 (PDT)

--- Ondrej Certik <address@hidden> wrote:

> I don't know, never happened to me yet. But one thing is what I like
> or don't like and another thing is how to spend my time effectively
> (i.e. not working on a project, if there is a better alternative).

In the case of Axiom (the original project) there is still no project I
am aware of that offers an alternative (long term goals, rigorous
adherence to and development of literate programming, heavy use of
Lisp, etc.)  My understanding is the definition of Axiom as a project
is strongly tied to the GOALS, not so much the current state of the
code base at any one time.

The forks of Axiom share a lot of similar code at present, but I expect
them to diverge more and more as the years pass - their goals are
different.  And that's OK, but I can understand Tim's wanting to keep
the Axiom project's eye on the ball, so to speak.

Cheers,
CY