Re: [Axiom-developer] Mailing List Etiquette

From: C Y
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2007 14:09:39 -0700 (PDT)

--- Gabriel Dos Reis <address@hidden> wrote:

> I believe "heavy use of Lisp" is a recent addition/invention to the
> so-called 'GOALS of the original Axiom system' -- one that is NOT
> mentioned in the readme, but that is easily forgotten or pulled out
> of tin air.

Correction then - the original open source Axiom project founded by Tim
Daly.  I was under the impression from various email exchanges over the
years that Tim had intended to increase the use of straight Lisp from
the get-go, but perhaps that is not accurate.  At any rate, it seems to
be a CURRENT goal of the project and one I personally like.

> From my perspective the original Axiom system is that of Dick Jenks.

Well, the new projects and forks each have their own names now - can we
agree to proceed on that basis going forward?

CY

FareChase.
http://farechase.yahoo.com/