[Axiom-developer] Time to say good bye to Tim.

From: Martin Rubey
Subject: [Axiom-developer] Time to say good bye to Tim.
Date: 15 Jul 2007 16:35:41 +0200

Ralf Hemmecke <address@hidden> writes:

> I hesitate to wish you good luck for the future, since with that policy of
> ignoring other developers there is no future for Axiom.
>
> Have fun with your little Tim-Project.

Tim, I'm leaving, too.  I don't want to be part of a project anymore where I'm
simply ignored, after having contributed for several years, after having
organised two workshops, after having promoted axiom at several faculties and
won quite a few users, mostly well known researchers in combinatorics.  I
really find it hard not to send you some four letter words.

William, Waldek, Gaby, Bill, I value your work a lot.  Would you agree to start
a community driven project along the lines of my proposal?  Again, the crucial
point for me is that decisions on what goes into trunk are not taken by an
individual person.

Furthermore, I would like to keep the idea of literate programming, even if not
taken to the extremes.

Therefore, I would like to cooperate closely with FriCAS, but the goals are not
identical.  Of course, I'd be happy to have FriCAS as one "privately driven"
branch, which may well be the most heavily promoted branch at the moment.

If you agree, I'd suggest to start with either build-improvements or wh-sandbox
as silver and gold, and continue work in a democratic setting for these two
special branches.

Martin