Re: [Axiom-developer] Re: 2.7 build

From: Camm Maguire
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Re: 2.7 build
Date: 14 Jul 2007 00:46:58 -0400

Greetings!  Did you stop here?

      TopLevelDrawFunctions
      package TopLevelDrawFunctionsForCompiledFunctions

   >> System error:

(1) -> cp: cannot stat `/fix/t1/camm/axiom/int/algebra/*.daase': No such file
or directory
make[3]: *** [/fix/t1/camm/axiom/mnt/linux/algebra/*.daase] Error 1

At some point we should discuss the replacement for emit-fn in 2.7.0.

1) If one has #+native-reloc, (si::do-recompile) in final image and
   save.  Optionally supply and argument and link with the recompiled
   source.

2) Otherwise, or if one prefers, wrap build stages in
   'with-compilation-unit, which will automatically recompile the
   original loaded compiled source files for use in a subsequent
   reload and save, or link.

The interface is still flexible -- I'd appreciate feedback in making
it optimally useful.

I take it at present, none of the patches you've made against silver
were required to workaround gcl bugs?  If you find same, please let me
know.  Thus far, I know of only Waldek's issue outstanding.

emit-fn is still there and has not been changed, but has bugs.

Take care,