[Axiom-developer] Re: 2.7 build

From: Stephen Wilson
Subject: [Axiom-developer] Re: 2.7 build
Date: 13 Jul 2007 20:55:13 -0400

address@hidden writes:

> Stephen,
>
> I'll grab the 2.7 cvs. Which patch level of 2.7 do you use?

Im not exactly sure!  I just do a cvs update once or twice a day and
rebuild.  So whatever cvs HEAD is, thats what you need.

> The way that we can add this to silver is straightforward.
> The process involves making a 2.7 tgz and this set of patch
> files in zips. The user can then select this with
>    make GCLVERSION=gcl.2.7
>
> I'll prototype it here in a silver branch.

Perhaps there is a way to avoid the inclusion of a gcl tarball?  Given
the regular updates to gcl it helps a great deal to link our build
image using a suitable gcl in ones path.  Thus if gcl changes we
simply remake gcl and install, rm lsp/gcldir, and remake in the Axiom
tree.

Thanks a lot for getting this into Silver!  That will help the
development along very nicely!

Take care,
Steve