[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[Axiom-developer] [ANN] yet a better version of the axiom mode for emacs
[Axiom-developer] [ANN] yet a better version of the axiom mode for emacs.
25 May 2007 04:39:58 +0200
Gnus/5.09 (Gnus v5.9.0) Emacs/21.4
below the result of today. Although I really would like to stop now, there is
some rather important things missing. If somebody (Jay?) could help with the
first item on the todo list, that would be wonderful. Progress is as follows:
+ Parts of the code are a little cleaner now, I hope. This concerns mainly
moving around and looking for the prompt.
+ M-return now sends the current input to axiom and appends it instead of
overwriting the old input. Cursor movements modified. Feedback appreciated.
+ )lisp (format t "(1) -> ") doesn't confuse the mode anymore. Neither does
Multiline input is supported, by the way.
+ painting is now (more or less) confined to the output region, and copying
output into another buffer preserves it. In particular, using enriched-mode,
one can save the painted stuff to a file. (Don't forget to switch off
+ the banner is read only now, and can be copied to the kill-ring using M-k, if
point is before the first prompt.
* I removed
(defvar axiom-init-settings (list ")set message autoload off"))
and related functionality, since it is provided by axiom via .axiom.input
* For me, the following is *very* severe. Try:
for i in 1..10 repeat ([j for j in 1..2000]; output "hi")
in a usual shell buffer and in axiom mode. Very unfortunately, the axiom
mode currently accumulates all output and then displays it at once. Since I
use such constructs often to be able to check how far a computation got
already, it makes the mode unusable for me.
In fact, all of this waiting-for-output stuff should be rewritten, but I
don't understand it enough.
* All the initialization code needs cleaning up. I cannot really do it, since
I have no idea what it does.
* Xemacs is not supported. Anybody knows comint mode for xemacs? It seems
that they differ, it seems that comint-set-process-mark is not there?
* Still no way to send stuff from input files to the buffer.
* Still no LaTeX display. Best thing would be if this could be switched on
Still, I think it is time to put it into the distribution. Waldek, would you do
this for me?
Description: Binary data
- Re: [Axiom-developer] Re: [Axiom-mail] [ANN] new version of axiom mode for emacs., (continued)
- [Axiom-developer] Re: [Axiom-mail] [ANN] new version of axiom mode for emacs., Ralf Hemmecke, 2007/05/24
- [Axiom-developer] Re: [Axiom-mail] [ANN] new version of axiom mode for emacs., Francois Maltey, 2007/05/24
- [Axiom-developer] Re: [Axiom-mail] [ANN] new version of axiom mode for emacs., Alasdair McAndrew, 2007/05/24
- Message not available
- Re: [Axiom-developer] [ANN] yet a better version of the axiom mode for emacs., Martin Rubey, 2007/05/26
- Re: [Axiom-developer] [ANN] yet a better version of the axiom mode for emacs., Gabriel Dos Reis, 2007/05/26