[Axiom-developer] Re: axiom mode for emacs.

From: Martin Rubey
Subject: [Axiom-developer] Re: axiom mode for emacs.
Date: 24 May 2007 21:08:57 +0200

Dear Francois,

Francois Maltey <address@hidden> writes:

> I think I correct a little bug in axiom.el.
>
> Try :
>
> [M-x] emacs [return]
> 1+3 [return]
> [backspace]
>
> All but the first prompt allows [backspace] and the last space is destroy.

Thanks for your report, but I cannot reproduce it.  From the snippet below it
seems that you are not using the latest version, which I posted

Date: 24 May 2007 04:43:39 +0200

to axiom-developer.  If this is not the case, could you please still
(privately) send me the axiom.el, and which flavour of axiom and emacs you are
using?

By the way, any xemacs experts out there?  I tried to port it today, but failed
miserably.  I was able to fix the problem reported by Ralf concerning ^M as
below, but could not, for example, find a replacement for
comint-set-process-mark.

On the other hand, I now use nearly no overlays anymore, and saving the buffer
keeping the paint works.

Many thanks,

Martin

;; due to Ed Avis, 12 Okt. 2003
;; Deal with annoying programs that print ^M without checking the
; terminal type first.  Based on comint-strip-ctrl-m from comint.el.
;
(require 'comint)
(defun comint-convert-ctrl-m-to-newline (&optional string)
   "Turn `^M' characters in the current output group into newlines.
 This function could be on `comint-output-filter-functions' or bound to
 a key."
   (interactive)
   (let ((pmark (process-mark (get-buffer-process (current-buffer))))
         (pos (if (interactive-p)
                   comint-last-input-end
                 comint-last-output-start)))
     (if (marker-position pos)
         (save-excursion
           (goto-char pos)
           (while (re-search-forward "\r+" pmark t)
             (replace-match "\n" t t))))))

(add-to-list 'comint-output-filter-functions
              'comint-convert-ctrl-m-to-newline)