Re: [Axiom-developer] Re: axiom-mode

From: C Y
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Re: axiom-mode
Date: Tue, 22 May 2007 06:39:43 -0700 (PDT)

--- Martin Rubey <address@hidden> wrote:

> OK, I tried it.  I really love C-a c. That's superb!

Thanks :-).

> Some minor problems:
>
> 1. after evaluation, point is positioned within the prompt, like
> indicated with
> the arrow:
>
> (6) -> asdasd
>
>    (6)  asdasd
>                                                         Type:
> Variable asdasd
> (7) ->
>   ^
> i.e., at the closing parenthesis, instead after the -> sign, also if
> the input number has two digits.

Darn it, I thought I had that working.  Just so I know, what platform
and version of emacs are you using?

> 2. C-h m only shows the comint mode help page.

Right - at the moment there is no help mode for this.  (I'm not even
sure how to create one.)  Worth adding though.

> 3. how can I start a second axiom process?

I'm not sure if I added support for multiple instances of Axiom - that
may have a few twists to it.

> Still, it looks like great stuff!  Do you think you could add that
> painting idea and/or sending input to the axiom process?

I'll take a look at it, but it's been quite a while and I'm going to be
a little short on time. Plus, I am not really very good at Emacs so
it's likely I'm doing a lot of this the Wrong Way :-(.  Are there any
Emacs gurus on the list who would be interested enough to take over the
project?

CY

 the right car based on your needs.  Check out Yahoo! Autos new Car Finder tool.
http://autos.yahoo.com/carfinder/