Re: [Axiom-developer] Compiler speed

From: Martin Rubey
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Compiler speed
Date: 07 May 2007 14:14:28 +0200

Waldek Hebisch <address@hidden> writes:

> extendLocalLibdb is called by )lib command.  However I wonder if it
> extendLocalLibdb is really working for you: IIRC correctly you had
> problem with addPatchesToLongLines and to correct extendLocalLibdb
> we first have to correct addPatchesToLongLines (probably remove, but
> I have to check consequences).  Moreover, extendLocalLibdb tries to
> remove old information but my impression is that this works only
> partially (I expect that after multiple recompilations you may
> accumulate out of date information).

The point is not so much that libdb.text is (re)built after (re)compilation.
Rather, far example with our species (combinat) project, I compile everything
with aldor (without ever starting axiom), but when I start axiom and say )lib
MYLIB, libdb.text contains all the necessary information.  And that's in my
opinion something extremely powerful.

> I have just commited speedup patch: it disables libdb.text updates during
> build (as I wrote this is useless because we generate up to date libdb.text
> later), but the installed compiler should work as before.

Unfortunately, I do not have the time to check this now.  Maybe you could
compile some mini domain or package, quit axiom, delete libdb.text, start
axiom, )lib MINIDOMAIN, and check whether HyperDoc finds MINIDOMAIN, or,
hopefully equivalently, libdb.text contains the necessary information.

Martin