Re: [Axiom-developer] How to allocate more space for Axiom on Windows

From: Waldek Hebisch
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] How to allocate more space for Axiom on Windows
Date: Sat, 3 Feb 2007 22:25:47 +0100 (CET)

William Sit wrote:
>    >> System error:
>    The storage for CONS is exhausted.
> Currently, 82689 pages are allocated.
> Use ALLOCATE to expand the space.
>
> Can any one tell me how to increase the space? Exactly how
> big is one page? I have 2GB RAM. Is it possible to allocate
> the max to Axiom (under Windows XP)?

Have you tried to follow the advice:

)lisp (allocate 'cons 200000 t)

(Or some bigger number instead of 200000).  Using gcl 2.6.7 I can
maximally give 110000 (120000 is refused, few numbers between crashed
gcl).  Using gcl 2.6.8 I can give bigger values.  Typically page
means 4 kilobytes, that would agree with process size (empty Axiom
about 80 Mb, around 900 Mb after allocating 200000 pages).

--
                              Waldek Hebisch
address@hidden