[Axiom-developer] Re: [SAGEdev] Xcode and Fink (was: Hopefully stupid qu

From: Justin C. Walker
Subject: [Axiom-developer] Re: [SAGEdev] Xcode and Fink (was: Hopefully stupid question)
Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2006 11:55:25 -0700

Sorry for the delay in replying.

On Sep 6, 2006, at 18:09 , Page, Bill wrote:

On Wednesday, September 06, 2006 1:12 PM Justin C. Walker wrote:
So: you need to have Xcode (the package) installed, but you
don't need to "use Xcode" [the IDE].

What about DarwinPorts?

DarwinPorts is in the same class as Fink: it is something that you should not rely on. It may well be worth using what the DarwinPorts maintainers have discovered about building GCL on Mac OS X (as we have done in the past with Singular and Macaulay2, from Fink), but you can't rely on, and I think, force upon the SAGE user, the use of anything from DarwinPorts itself.

Since Waqar is now involved, this may be a moot point :-}

Justin

--
Justin C. Walker, Curmudgeon at Large