[Axiom-developer] Re: Requiring LaTeX

From: root
Subject: [Axiom-developer] Re: Requiring LaTeX
Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2006 19:01:37 -0400

> In April, I approched two friends of mine involved in linu
> distributions (RH and SUSE) hoping to have them make Axiom part of
> their distribution.  They said they won't touch this stuff if it does
> not support cross-compilation.  We have two choices: ignore them, and

Please explain what you mean by cross-compilation.

You can NFS mount SRC, set the AXIOM variable for the current system,
type 'make' and it will cross-compile. We've been able to do this
since 1985 or so. I used it to build on Suns, Symbolics, AIX, and
several other systems on a daily basis. If you also NFS mount INT
you can used the cached work on a cross-platform build.