Re: [Axiom-developer] SAGE, Axiom, and usage

From: Martin Rubey
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] SAGE, Axiom, and usage
Date: 23 Aug 2006 00:53:43 +0200

Gabriel Dos Reis <address@hidden> writes:

>   (2) the extension language seems to have a very fuzzy definition,
>       when compared to other recent versions of CASes.
>
> Particularly, with respect to (2), I have become unimpressed by the Aldor
> mic-mac and the sort of self-infliged paralysis we have put ourselves into
> (e.g. don't improve SPAD compiler, because something better might come out of
> the blue).

I agree, unfortunately. I'd be very very happy if it would be possible to make
SPAD understand a greater subset of Aldor. However, I have no idea how.

Thus, for the time being I write my stuff in SPAD, and I hope I write good
stuff. Meanwhile my program found quite a few -- previously unknown -- formulas
for sequences in sloanes encyclopedia :-)

If I can help with specific things, don't hesitate. I can understand your
frustration very well.

Martin