Re: [Axiom-developer] RE: Another question

From: Ralf Hemmecke
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] RE: Another question
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2006 18:16:07 +0200

On 08/22/2006 05:26 PM, Eitan Gurari wrote:

> I wouldn't care too much. tex4ht can split pages at section points (or > in fact anywhere you like). Unfortunately, for some strange reason I do > not get it to work with ALLPROSE. Maybe I haven't tried hard enough. And > it was not so urgent to me.

It should be easy for me to identify the reason for the problem given
a minimal miniature latex file demonstrating the problem.

I believe it would, but the problem is that I cannot easily make the documentation smaller, because it would basically mean that I find the problem myself.

I cannot blame you, since the reason why it doesn't work is probably on my side.

If it is small enough for you, then try to get ALLPROSE http://www.hemmecke.de/aldor/
and type

make html     or     make colored html

But maybe, before that you should modify Makefile.nw and replace

address@hidden@address@hidden,frames]{tex4ht}}

by

address@hidden@address@hidden,2,frames]{tex4ht}}

What I get is a the two frames (toc and text) where the text is just two pages. First page just contains the title with the abstract and the second contains everything.

If you find time to take a look at it. It would be very appreciated.

Once you have said

make html

you can investigate the .nw.tex files manually and apply htlatex or whatever you find appropriate.

If you don't understand the code, just ask.

Ralf