[Axiom-developer] RSS feeds from MathAction

From: Bill Page
Subject: [Axiom-developer] RSS feeds from MathAction
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2005 21:51:33 -0500

On Tuesday, February 08, 2005 8:26 PM Tim Daly Jr. wrote:
> I'm not subscribed to axiom-developer because it's so noisy.
> I check it from time to time via nntp on the gmane server.  Do
> people really want an email every time the wiki changes?!

I am inclined to ask the same question, although you are the
first to complain. We decided to try this a few months ago.
Right now the MathAction wiki is configured to send all changes
and additons as email to the axiom-devel email list.  Maybe that
was not a good idea. We have the option of only sending email
notices when new pages or comments are added, ignoring all edits.

Or we can disconnect the wiki from the email list again, i.e.
return to the way it was originally, a few months ago. The wiki
can still manage it's own subscriptions if people do want to
receive all notices.

> Isn't that what RSS is for?

Yes indeed. I wonder how many people are familiar with using
RSS?

MathAction is based on Zwiki. There are some experimental RSS
feeds available at

  http://zwiki.org/RSSDiscussion

It would only take a few minutes to implement one of these.
Tim, maybe you could test the feeds at

  http://zwiki.org/RSS

and then let me know which one of these works for you.